Sunday, January 11, 2009

The first week

Since I dont have alot of opportunity to right to all of you i will sum the past few days up very quickly:
we filled ALL of the bills and recipe for agape -- so much wk but lynne was soooo thank full then we went to the school and organized the whole office and the entire store room soooo much junk but we laughed our way through the mouse pooo ewwww===
we also organised and cleaned every nook and cranny of the playroom at the HIV positive hostile-- it was like huge piles of toys and junk and dirt and gross un-identifiable and now it is all clean and everything is sorted in containers and looks fantastic!!!
so the past few days have been all work but also some play-- i continue to love hangin with the kids they r soo beautful and love just to be near you--- they just want to touch you and have you smile at them--
monday wed and friday from before 8 am till after 5pm i will be at the HIV positive hostile playing and helping out with the boys and girls there-- so a clean play room is a super blessing to me YEAH!!! i am soooo excited to be able to play with those kids even tho it will be very tiring-- especially since they r not sanitary at alll... they go to the bathroom and then run and hug you... soo I am very happy when bath time comes and they all comeback all clean well sort of .... as clean as Indian Children can get....
on a health note:well the good news is that i am not in excruciating pain right now.. praise God.... but i am on alot of medication from the doctor here including my antibiotic from the US... yesterday and last night were very hard and very painful so please be praying that I dont have to go through that again and that it gets better from here on out... right now my left ear is my biggest concern it is completely blocked and i cant hear anything out of it.. on a gross not dont read if you get queasy watery orangish liquid leaks out constantly--- this is not only painful but very obnoxious and it seem like it is never going to stop---- so please be praying---
I was able to sleep in because it was sunday and it was our day off so i slept on and off through lunch-- so i havnt had rice and curry all day-- but dinner is in 20min sooo i will get to eat with my fingers and enjoy some more white rice and very very very spicy curry--
I am hoping to be able to get a good night of sleep tonight and I pray that i will be up for a day at the HIV positive hostile tomorrow-- please be praying for my strength and pain level as I want to be able to bless these children and not be distracted by my physical weakness.... But we serve a sovereign god and he is GREAT all the time---
one blessing that has come out of being sick and forced to take it easy is i have had so much time to really dig into the word and just spend some quality time with my awesome creator.. this has been a blessing and a real strengthener in my time of weakness..
please keep these children's hearts in prayer and be praying that i will be able to break down barriers that have been put up by being rejected--- and penetrate them with Christ love!!!
I love you alll and will try to keep you updated as much as i can-- I know for sure i have time on sundays but am not positive about other times
thank you all again for your prayers regarding my ears and health

11 comments:

  1. I love YOU!! I will write more later - we're running a bit late! :)!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! I love reading your blog. You are so awesome! I've been praying for your ears and cold symptoms. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day of rest. I've been hoping you'd be able to post an update! We'll keep praying and you keep loving those children! I'm praying for your complete protection 24/7.

    We love you and we are so proud of you.

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your post to Grandma and Grandpa on the phone. They are in Florida praying for you too. Grandad will be doing the sermon during vespers tonight at the park and they'll be praying for you. They wanted me to post for them and remind you how much they love you.

    Auntie Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I hope you are feeling much better now that the antibiotics have had a little time to work! Enjoy your time there loving the children and doing Christ's work. I am praying for you! Take care, we love you! Love, Debbie and John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, We continue to pray for you and have no doubt that Christ will work through you in the lives of the children of India. May you also be richly blessed.
    We love you!
    Bernie & Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying, Amy, and love to read about your trust in God to care for you and supply your needs...may He continue to give you His strength and love!
    the Marinones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, It's so good to hear from you and get the details of your days. I'll be praying specifically for that left ear, "may it open and be healed in the name of Jesus, may Jesus' blood cover you and your ministry by His grace and love, and may His healing abound in your body and continue to sustain you!" It sounds to me like your Heavenly Father has been giving you His strenth: (at Lynne's work pace:)), you've cleaned a school, office, and playroom, even with ear pain. I'm so proud of you! To God be the glory! And praise God that your body is being fueled by spicy curry food, and your stomac has adjusted fine! :) And a third Praise God, is thinking to use the "hot tea cup" as a hot compress for your ear! All Praise to our creater, as you live and move and have your very being in Him!

    I'll also be praying as you adjust to India's precious children, and all that comes with loving them. You are annointed for your tasks, and you'll probably get a glimps from your Heavenly Father in regards to just how much He loves each one of them that He's entrusted to your care. Count on His favor and amazing love sustaining you.

    So Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you'll be smack dab in the middle of your God given gifting. Wow, God has created you for such a place as this, He'll give you His ways of penetrating rejection's walls, He never slumbers nor sleeps, what a dynamic duo! Blessings on you angel as you are used by your Heavenly Father to extend His unconditional, one sided, freeing, other centered love! You are anointed for your task! :)

    This is SO funny!!! When you texted me that you were going to sleep, Rebecca, Ben, and I were at HBC this morning(Sunday). I didn't know how to turn off the little beeps with each letter I I searched for to text you back! (so sorry for my criptic note) We were about 6 rows from the front! so I couldn't get up (as a visitor!)and leave either. LOL!!!! So,"He did what n a cup" - would have been who knows how many beeps for each letter as it went through the letters before it on the correct #!!!! I felt like anouncing under my breath...."SORRY! BUT MY DAUGHTER IS IN INDIA AND DOESN'T FEEL WELL, I JUST HAVE TO TEXT HER BACK!" Probably Rebecca and the Monahans were the only ones who heard the contnual beeps, oh, and the lady behind me whom I met for the first time a few moments earlier during meet and greet. I was laughing so hard inside, and feeling guilty for not feeling guilty!!!! Let's see, Daddy and Dan are still camping out in the snow. Ben just finished his homework, and wants to go to the mountain. I wonder if you'll do any teaching like Lynne mentioned? Oh, and tell Rutnam how much we appreciate his care for you. I'm sure he's a wonderful doctor, he's such a great guy. I'll be praying you can keep up the pace that you feel is your calling and that your smile and God's love will minister unto eternal significance. Warmest blogger Mommy hug to you...... ahhhhh........xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Hunny; Mark and I are praying for you. We're believing that you're feeling better very soon! What a great opportunity to show what a mighty God we serve. Love you
    xoxo
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what an awesome thing your are doing by sharing your agape love with those children. I am praying for healing for you. Know that God is watching over you. Love from a Wisconsin cousin, patty larson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy!! Rick and I have been praying for you, that you will have grace and healing and continued annointing. Be blessed today!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI, Amy
    Love and prayers from Maine!! I am glad to know you are feeling a bit better and that you are finding satisfaction in your work. We are praying for the hearts of the children in India as you work with them. Keep up your hard work. We love you.

    Andy and Julie

    ReplyDelete